Address: PO Box 13472, Salem, OR 97309
The vision of the Oregon State Capitol Foundation is to create a living history, enhance the dignity and beauty of the Capitol, and foster cultural and educational opportunities.
The Oregon State Capitol is a treasure to be safeguarded. The Oregon State Capitol Foundation is dedicated to preserving and enhancing the State Capitol and the shared heritage that it represents for all Oregonians.
The Oregon State Capitol Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. Tax ID 20-5164853
Foundation Milestones as of October 2016
The Foundation has completed its transition from an advisory committee of the legislature to a functional and effective non-profit charitable organization.
- Sought grants to further its mission and was awarded two significant grants: One from the Oregon Community Foundation for Gateway Phase 2 implementation and one from the City of Salem to increase the impact of the 2017 Cherry Blossom Festival.
- Established a dedicated endowment fund and raised over $46,000 in the initial campaign, including a generous challenge grant from Bill Rutherford.
- Qualified for and is participating in both federal and state employee payroll giving programs.
- Contracted with Court Street Consulting LLC for full management of the Foundation's business, communication and special events and projects needs.
- Established a consistent and broadened outreach to the public via Constant Contact, Twitter and Facebook with a new website under development.
- Began aggressively marketing sales of Pacific Wonderland license plates, in partnership with the Oregon Historical Society.
- Commissioned and installed a bronze plaque for Governor and Mrs. Sprague's Capitol Fountain on the Capitol Mall.
- Established collaborative on-going relations with Oregon State Parks, the Willamette Heritage Center, Travel Salem, the City of Salem, the Oregon Department of Veteran Affairs and the Oregon Historical Society.
- Formalized the Foundation's partnership with Legislative Administration and Visitor Services in a Memorandum of Understanding.
- Revised membership and sponsorship categories and created a legacy giving program.