Priorities that Will Make a Real Difference
Welcome to the legislative webpage specifically for residents of Oregon's 5th Senate District, which includes counties along the Oregon coast (from Coos, Douglas, Lane, Lincoln and Tillamook) and parts of Polk and Yamhill counties.
It was both an honor and a privilege to, once again, take the oath of office to serve the people of Senate District 5. I deeply appreciate the faith that my constituents have placed in my leadership and my vision for improving the quality of life we enjoy in this great State. I share the concern that many have about the state of our economy, but with a focus on priorities and a collaborative approach, we can put those concerns to rest and replace it with the confidence and know-how that we in Oregon have repeatedly demonstrated when faced with challenges.
In the prevailing environment, I think it is important to make three important priorities very clear. In the 79th Oregon Legislature, I plan to devote my attention to the following.
(1) creating an environment in our state that results in good jobs being created in our local communities, jobs that will support a family and will provide promising futures to our young people; I will simultaneously work to ensure that we retrain the good jobs we already have;
(2) doing everything in my power to support, strengthen and enhance our schools and the quality of education we provide to our children. Our economy is dependent upon well-educated young people who, because of their education and experience, are ready and able to fill the new jobs that are created; and,
(3) fulfill our responsibility to protect and care for the neediest and most vulnerable in our communities. We have a moral responsibility never to let down those in our community who need our help.
In the 79th Legislative Assembly, I will be situated with committee assignments that will allow me to have a direct impact on much of the legislation that passes through the Senate. It is from these vantage points that I will formulate legislation and support funding for projects and programs that are in concert with the needs and expectations of my constituents.
- Chair of the Senate Committee on Education
- Member of the Senate Committee on Environment and Natural Resources
- Member of the Senate Committee on Rules and Executive Appointments
- Member of the Joint Committee on Ways and Means
- Member of the Joint Committee on Ways and Means – Education Sub-committee
The Oregon coast is a great place to raise a family. It is why I came to Salem. Therefore, your ideas, your concerns and even your complaints are very important to my work. I invite you to contact my office to share your thoughts on any issue that is important to you.
Sen. Arnie Roblan, SD 5
(Coos Bay, Florence, Newport, Tillamook)
Sign up for our newsletter