SENATE MAJORITY OFFICE
Oregon State Legislature
January 2, 2013
CONTACT: Tom Powers (503) 986-1074
Senate Majority Office Fills Staff Positions for 2013 Legislative Session
SALEM—The Senate Majority Office has filled several positions and is now fully staffed in preparation for the 2013 Legislative Session.
“Our Senate Democratic caucus will be well-served by the depth and breadth of experience our entire staff brings to the Senate Majority Office,” said Senate Majority Leader Diane Rosenbaum (D-Portland). “I am excited by the hard work they will do to support the priorities set by Senate Democrats for the 2013 Legislative Session.”
The Senate Majority Office staff includes:
· Nikki Thompson—Chief of Staff/Caucus Administrator. Nikki joined the Senate Majority Office in May 2012. Before that, Nikki served as Senior Policy Analyst for the National Education Association and as an Associate Attorney for Crowell & Moring in Washington D.C. She holds a law degree from Emory University and a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Lewis & Clark College.
- Tom Powers—Communications Director. Most recently, Tom led the Senate Democrats' campaign effort as Executive Director of the Senate Democratic Leadership Fund (SDLF). Before that, Tom served as the lead Democratic staffer on the successful redistricting process in 2011. Tom holds a Bachelor of Arts in Politics from Whitman College.
- Greg Alderson—Policy Advisor. Greg has served as Policy Advisor since September 2011. Prior to that, Greg was a Legislative Aide for Senator Laurie Monnes Anderson. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in Politics from Willamette University.
- Libby Batlan—Policy Advisor. Libby comes to the Senate Majority Office after serving as State Treasurer Ted Wheeler's Campaign Manager. Prior to that, she was a Development Manager at Basic Rights Oregon, and the Senior Legislative Assistant to Rep. Dave Hunt (D-Gladstone). Libby has a Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communications and Political Science from Linfield College.
- Kathleen Stuart—Outreach Director. Kathleen joins the Senate Majority Office after serving as Campaign Manager for Senator Laurie Monnes Anderson (D-Gresham). Prior to that, Kathleen was a Senior Associate for Bateman Group, a public relations firm based in San Francisco. Kathleen holds a Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies from Western Oregon University.
- Carol Suzuki—Operations Director. Carol joined the Senate Majority Office in 1994 and has worked for 5 different Democratic Leaders. Prior to that, she served as a Legislative Aide to former Senator Dick Springer (D-Portland). Carol holds a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Willamette University.
- Brian Worley—Research Director. Most recently, Brian worked for Senate Majority Leader Rosenbaum as her Legislative Aide and as Office Coordinator for the Senate Majority Office. Brian holds a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science and a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) certificate from Oregon State University.
- Megan Osborne—Legislative Assistant to Senate Majority Leader Diane Rosenbaum. Megan served as Legislative Aide to Senator Rosenbaum from 2008 to 2011. She returns to this position after earning a Master's Degree in Public Policy from Oregon State University.
To contact any of the staff in the Senate Majority Office, please call (503) 986-1700.
For more information on the Senate Majority Caucus, please visit www.orsenatemajority.org