David Gomberg was first elected to the Oregon House of Representatives in 2012. He represents House District 10, which includes Yachats, north to Tillamook along the coast, and inland as far as Sheridan and Falls City to the east.
David graduated from Oregon State where he served as student body president and earned first his Bachelors in Political Science (1976) and later a Master's Degree in Economics, Political Science and History (1977). Four years later he earned a MBA from Willamette University.
Together with his wife Susan, David owns and operates Gomberg Kite Productions-an internationally recognized designer and manufacturer of specialty kites. The Gombergs have performed with their largest kites for Disney, motion pictures, kite festivals, and various sporting events including the Super Bowl. Their shows have led them to more than 40 countries around the world, and they were inducted as members of the Kite Hall of Fame in 2005.
David currently serves as vice-chair of the Joint Ways & Means Committee, is co-chair of the Transportation & Economic Development subcommittee, sits on the Ways & Means General Government subcommittee, and serves on the Emergency Board. He is a member of the Governor's Commission on Senior Services, the Ocean Science Trust and the Oregon Innovation Council.
David's legislative efforts have focused on small business, reviving our public education system, government efficiency, environmental sustainability, and ensuring independence and dignity for seniors.
- BS in Political Science from Oregon State University. Graduated with Honors in 1976.
- MA from OSU in Political Science, Economics, and History in 1977
- MBA from Willamette University in 1981.
- State Representative, House District 10, elected November, 2012
- Governor's Commission on Senior Services
- Governor's Small Business Task Force
- Ocean Science Trust
- Small Business Owner since 1991
- President, Gomberg Kite Productions International, Inc.
- Founder, Northwest Winds Kite Stores (Lincoln City / Seaside)
Awards and Accomplishments:
- Lincoln City Business of the Year, 2012
- Austin Excellence in Family Business Award in 2004 and 2012.
- President, Kite Trade Association International.
- President, American Kitefliers Association.
- Inducted into Kite Hall of Fame in 2005.
- Married 30 years to Susan Gomberg