- BS in Political Science from Oregon State University. Graduated with Honors in 1976.
- Elected as Student Body President
- MA from OSU in Political Science, Economics, and History in 1977
- MBA from Willamette University in 1981.
- State Representative, House District 10, elected November, 2012
- Governor's Commission on Senior Services
- Governor's Small Business Task Force
- Ocean Science Trust
- Small Business Owner since 1991
- President, Gomberg Kite Productions International, Inc.
- Founder, Northwest Winds Kite Stores (Lincoln City / Seaside)
Awards and Accomplishments:
- Lincoln City Business of the Year, 2012
- Austin Excellence in Family Business Award in 2004 and 2012.
- President, Kite Trade Association International.
- President, American Kitefliers Association.
- Inducted into Kite Hall of Fame in 2005.
- Married 30 years to Susan Gomberg
David Gomberg was first elected to the Oregon House of Representatives in 2012. He represents House District 10, which includes Yachats, north to Tillamook along the coast, and inland as far as Sheridan and Falls City to the east.
David graduated from Oregon State where he served as student body president and earned first his Bachelors in Political Science (1976) and later a Master's Degree in Economics, Political Science and History (1977). Four years later he earned a MBA from Willamette University and worked two sessions in the Oregon legislature – first as chief of staff to then-Representative Barbara Roberts, and after as administrator of the House Education Committee.
In 1989, David and Susan moved to the Coast where he served as Executive Director of the Lincoln City Chamber of Commerce. Two years later, he left to focus on his own growing kite business.
Together with his wife Susan, David owns and operates Gomberg Kite Productions-an internationally recognized top designer and manufacturer of specialty kites and "wind art". The Gombergs have performed with their largest kites for Disney, several motion pictures, kite festivals, and various sporting events including the Super Bowl. Their shows have led them to more than 40 countries around the world, and they were inducted as members of the Kite Hall of Fame in 2005.
The Gombergs are in the Guinness Book of World Records for owning the world's largest kite and David has been honored as the President of Kite Trade Association International. Gomberg Kites founded two Northwest Winds kite stores in Lincoln City and Seaside.
David currently serves on the Joint Ways & Means Committee, is co-chair for the Ways & Means Transportation & Economic Development subcommittee, sits on the Ways & Means General Government subcommittee, and serves on the Economic Development and Trade committee. He chaired the interim committee on Small Business Growth and is a member of the Governor's Commission on Senior Services. In 2016, he was elected to serve in House Leadership. David's legislative efforts have focused on small business, reviving our public education system, government efficiency, environmental sustainability, and ensuring independence and dignity for seniors.