Oregon House Republicans
There is a better way…for Oregon, for the future.
We are 22 lawmakers independently elected by our fellow Oregonians. While we have differing views based on the needs of our constituents, communities and personal beliefs, we all share a set of principles rooted in the belief that everyone has a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. As Republicans and members of the Legislature, we will fight for laws that allow all Oregonians to succeed and prosper. We want you to succeed and for your children to succeed.
Strong, Healthy Families:
Strong families are the foundation of individual prosperity and healthy communities. In many Oregon communities, health care is unaffordable and inaccessible. The Legislature needs to pursue policies that provide flexibility to local governments to meet the needs of their communities and that empower families. State lawmakers must resist legislation that creates barriers to access. Let's work together to:
- Expand access to quality Healthcare services throughout the state to combat escalating cost of prescription drugs
- Protect Oregon families from unaffordable taxes
- Remove administrative barriers that limit development of affordable housing
Fighting for the Future of our Kids and our Economy:
"I believe that children are our future – teach them well, and let them lead the way" – Whitney Houston
- Hands on learning to allow opportunity for kids to learn in different ways
- Allow parents options beyond the traditional classroom and providing the funding and flexibility they need to hold onto great teachers to improve student outcomes and keep money in the classrooms
- Provide opportunity and investment in career & technical education, and community college
- Reduce public tax burdens and improve government efficiency and accountability
- Protect and support all sectors of Oregon's Business community with development and tax relief
Honor Oregon's Environmental Heritage:
Oregonians care about the environment and seek to be good stewards of our natural resources. We will manage our water, air, and natural resources with solutions that work today, and for generations to come.
- Effectively manage carbon on a global basis
- Promote solutions for water management – today, tomorrow, and 100 years from now
- Actively manage natural resources to mitigate risk of catastrophic wildfire, improving air quality and economic stability
- Preserve sportsmen's rights
We hope you will stay in touch with us throughout the 2019 session. We post regular updates on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, as well on our news release page. If you have any questions about proposed bills or the legislative process, please feel free to contact the House Republican Office at (503) 986-1400.