Sign In

Legislator PhotoRepresentative Maxine Dexter

Democrat - District 33 - Portland

Capitol Phone: 503-986-1433
Capitol Address: 900 Court St. NE, H-283, Salem, Oregon 97301



OHP Eligibility Redetermination

Coming off the COVID pandemic, the Oregon Health Plan is redetermining eligibility for the program based on participant income. As of April 1st, officials have begun cross checking the eligibility of all current participants in Oregon Medicaid, with plans to finish by June 2024. 

If you are a Medicaid/OHP recipient, you will be receiving a renewal notice from the Oregon Health Authority at some point between now and January 2024. Ensure that your contact information is accurate on their systems, as once you are contacted, you have 90 days to reply to information requests. Thankfully, all children under the age of 6 will not have their eligibility redetermined until they age out of the program. 

If you are found to no longer qualify for OHP coverage, you will have 60 days to find new coverage – you can find a new health plan here, and never hesitate to reach out to my office if you have questions or require assistance.

For help or assistance connecting with resources, call 2-1-1 or visit ​

Disaster Resources

Wildfire Resources

Landslides & Debris Flow Resources

Flood Resources

​​Extreme Heat

  • Keep cool at splash pads and fountains around town, including:

    • Keller Fountain, SW 3rd and Clay

    • Salmon Street Springs, 1000 SW Naito Parkway

    • Bill Naito Legacy Fountain, 2 SW Naito Parkway

  • Check this website for splash pads and fountains that might be operating.

    • As of 7/26, the following THPRD splash pads are open:

      • Timberland Park (11600 NW Stone Mountain Ln, Portland, OR 97229)

      • Conestoga Recreation Center (9985 SW 125th Ave, Beaverton OR 97008)

  • Read about additional heat-related resources here

    • Boys & Girls Aid Safe Place for Youth is open 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. for anyone ages 12-20. The organization is located at 454 SE Washington Street in Hillsboro and has air conditioning, food, cold water, showers and recreational activities.

  • Multnomah County: Help for when it’s hot 

  • Visit Portland Libraries

Food Insecurity

Legal Resources

​Childcare/Youth Resources

​Mental Health Resources

  • Family Peace Center of Washington County | Services for Victims and Survivors of Domestic and Family Violence | 503-469-8620 - 24-hour CRISIS Hotline

  • Reach Out Oregon | A support team of families and friends

    • Parent Warmline | 1-833-732-2467

  • National Suicide Prevention Hotline | 1-800-273-TALK (8255)- Crisis Text Line | Text HOME to 741741

  • The Trevor Project | Support for LGBTQ+ youth | 1-866-488-7386 Crisis Hotline | Text START to 678-678

  • Oregon Youthline | Call 877-968-8491 or text teen2teen to 839863 between 4pm - 10pm to text with another teen.

  • National Youth Crisis Hotline | 1-800-442-HOPE (4673)

  • Oregon Partnership 24 Hour Youth Helpline | 1-877-553-TEEN (8336)

  • NAMI Oregon | 503-230-8009 or 800-343-6264, email - Live support from 9am - 5pm, M-F.

  • The Trevor Project | 1-866-488-7386 - 24/7 suicide prevention for LGBTQ.

  • Senior Loneliness Line | 503-200-1633 or 800-282-7035 - For Oregonians 55+ years old. Get ongoing support, resources, and listening sessions.

  • Veteran Crisis Line | 1-800-273-8255 - Call, chat, or text options, with deaf and hard of hearing support available.

  • Safe + Strong |  Updates, resources, and information about mental health services in Oregon

  • Youth Alliance-  List of additional national helplines

  • 24/7  Alzheimer’s Helpline at 800.272.3900. This is a completely free service, staffed by Master's level clinicians who can provide care and support for any family or individual facing Alzheimer's

School Resources

Unemployment Resources

​Housing Assistance


Bills Assistance

  • Oregon Law Center Eviction Defense Project

  • Talk with a Housing Counselor - A housing counselor can give you sound advice and guidance. They can help you in buying your first home and they can help when life changes in ways that make it hard to make ends meet. Bills can become unaffordable as debt piles up. Housing counselors are knowledgeable, dedicated and experienced professionals. They specialize in helping families in various stages of their housing experience.

  • United Way of the Columbia-Willamette provides access to critical services like housing assistance and utility assistance and access to food.

  • Oregon Energy Fund is a 30-year-old nonprofit that provides energy bill assistance to low-income Oregonians in support of household stability. 

  • Oregon Citizens’ Utility Board provides equitable, affordable, and reliable utility services

  • EnergyTrust helps people save money and energy. 

  • Community Action helps pay rent and help to get people in need of housing, bills assistance, and other programs for low income families.​

Facebook IconFollow us on Facebook 
Twitter IconFollow us on Twitter 
YouTube IconFollow us on YouTube 
Instagram IconFollow us on Instagram 
Sign up for my Newsletter!